In this article I am going to be giving my thoughts and opinions about Evolve Beauty Gentle Cleansing Melt.
I’ll start by telling you I absolutely love this cleanser and give it a big thumbs up, but read on to find out more!
As an experienced beauty therapist, skincare products are my passion, and as well as looking at whether a product actually works, I always like to look at the specific ingredients, what they are doing to the skin and how they are benefitting the skin.
I’m a big advocate of using the same skincare for at least 3 months to see if and how, it works on your skin – you need this amount of time to see if you actually notice a difference or any improvements in your skin condition.
Cleansers, on the other hand, I feel, can be changed and experimented with more often, as it is not having a huge effect on the appearance of your skin; for example, a cleanser doesn’t specifically claim to lessen wrinkles, or reduce pigmentation.
With a cleanser, the main objective is that it is actually doing the job of cleaning your skin effectively.
Evolve is a small but growing company, who make all their products in small batches so they can guarantee the purity and strength of the ingredients.
Each ingredient is vegan, natural and organic and even though these are very much buzz words in the beauty industry today, Evolve has been pioneering these ingredients and ideas for 10 years.
Evolve say that by doing this, they know what is in each product, and where each ingredient has come from.
All their packaging is also made of recycled materials, even down to the labels!
Evolve gentle cleansing melt review
I think this has got to be one of my all time favourite cleansers!
The name ‘cleansing melt’ gives you a very good idea of what to expect here!
The cleanser is for normal to dry skins. I have fairly normal skin, but it is dehydrated and ageing, so I need products that hydrate and feel soft and moisturising on my skin.
Baobab oil – from the Baobab tree – is abundant with essential oils! Found within, are 3 omega fatty acids, among other essential fatty acids. It is rich in the antioxidants vitamins A, E, D & K. It is known to have excellent anti-aging properties by rejuvenating skin cells, improving elasticity and promoting healing of the skin.
Vanilla adds great anti-oxidant properties and a gentle aroma (I’m not a fan of strong vanilla smells, but this is so light, its divine!)
- Glycerin – hydrating and moisturising
- Sunflower seed oil – protects and maintains the skin natural barrier
- Sweet almond oil – excellent at hydrating and cleansing
- Orange fruit water – anti-inflammatory, soothing and brightening
- Rose flower oil – calming, nourishing & regenerates skin cells
The cleanser looks like a gel, but its not sticky and has a wonderful soft and luxurious texture and feeling on the skin.
This is an all year round cleanser, but I think particularly beneficial in the colder months. Our skin can become very dehydrated during the day, with very warm heating inside, and cold temperatures outside sucking all the moisture out of the skin. Even with a good morning routine and good products, our skin can loose essential moisture during the day.
The minute I apply Evolve Gentle Cleansing Melt to my skin – I swear I can literally hear my skin sighing in relief!!
The texture feels SO soothing and literally melts on the skin – hence the name – and just feels so luxurious, hydrating, soft and relieving on the skin.
It melts away make-up, and is is rich enough to melt through SPF, and anything else that may be on the skin. The warmth from the skin, allows the cleanser to turn more to liquid, and when water is added the formulation turns more creamy, and washes away easily.
Warm water and a soft face cloth is used to remove the cleanser from the skin.
The skin is left feeling clean but hydrated; smooth but not stripped.
Having said earlier, that you can experiment with different cleansers, and not necessarily have to use the same one, I have repurchased Evolve Gentle Cleansing Melt, several times, because I love it so much!
The purpose of a cleanser
What you want your cleanser to do is;
- Remove all make-up from the surface of the skin – not the eyes, this should be a different product.
- Remove all traces of SPF from the skin. As you should be wearing SPF every day, and this can be a thicker formulation, it is important that your cleanser has the ability to dissolve and remove this.
- Not strip the skin of its natural oils and protection – basically your skin shouldn’t feel too tight and uncomfortable immediately after cleansing.
- Not leave a oily, greasy or creamy residue after removing it. While your skin should still feel hydrated after using a cleanser, you also don’t want any residue of the cleanser left. Some cleanser can leave a film of oil, or product on the skin which if left, can then cause build up of skin cells or congestion under the skins surface.
- I only cleanse in the evening. I don’t feel it’s necessary to cleanse in the morning – as long as you have removed your make-up the night before – a wipe over with toner is sufficient.
- If you wear a lot of make-up you may need to double cleanse. This means taking a small amount of cleanser and applying this very quickly to your skin and then removing. This will start to melt through the layers of make-up on the skin, and remove the majority of it very quickly. Your second cleanse can be a slower process – massaging the product in to remove any last traces of make-up and cleanse the skin
- Always use a separate eye make up remover. The skin around the eyes is so much thinner and more delicate than anywhere else. A cleanser designed for the face may be too rich for this delicate area and result in puffy skin and sore eyes.
For more information on cleansing and how to do it properly READ HERE.